Okay, decided to play with setting up an NGINX server within virtualbox recently, and thought I would share some useful stuff I have put together.
How to ssh into virtualbox note: Once ssh is setup, you can use this same ip to setup your hosts /etc/hosts file. (eg. 192.168.0.106 locallemp.test.com)
Another error to fix with php-fpm: php5-fpm.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream note: remember to set the line as it is in your default config file (eg. listen = /var/run/php5-fpm.sock) - I also needed to restart both php5-fpm and nginx for this to work.
Setting up my first site (D7/SVN)
- First I installed subversion, then checked out the repo
- Ran through tutorials:
- note: remember to fix the paths for your server, and php5-fpm as required
- Create new DB on commandline, setting new user/permissions
Post setup Drupal fixes
- Fix files system permissions
- Sending of mail - spamhaus blocking
- Info for production: http://articles.slicehost.com/2010/1/20/removing-a-mail-server-from-the-spamhaus-pbl
- Mail stuff was installed by default, but using this tutorial for ubuntu-server may be useful in the future - https://help.ubuntu.com/11.04/serverguide/mailman.html